Reach is all about people coming together to make a difference. We rely on fundraising, donations and the time and skills of volunteers.
In the last financial year alone our 160 volunteers donated 30,000 hours, massively enhancing the diversity of experiences for clients. As our client base continues to grow, we will need to recruit even more volunteers. Can you help?
Community involvement through volunteering is crucially important to our work. Why?
- because local people bring an amazing range of skills and experience which enable us to offer personalised support that is varied and challenging - you can read more about some of our clients and volunteers' personal stories below.
- it ensures each client can be better supported to participate and engage in activities at their own pace
- it is important for people with learning disabilities to make connections with people outside of their family and carers; getting to know new people helps boost their confidence and self-esteem
- people who take the time to get know people with learning disabilities as individuals help promote greater understanding of living with a learning disability.
2019/20 volunteers in numbers
We are very grateful that so many local people already generously give their time – but we always need to recruit more volunteers.
There are lots of ways you can help support Reach as a volunteer; we offer short and long-term opportunities for individuals, students, groups and companies looking for meaningful team building or CSR activities.
Our current volunteer needs include:
- Supporting delivery of our courses and social activities, either online or at our centres in Newark, Mansfield or Southwell
- Administration tasks including ICT support and reception work
- Help with organising and promoting fundraising events and activities
- Horticultural tasks at Flower Pod and Flower Pod Newark
- Social networking support
We also have a limited range of work placement opportunities at each of our bases. Please contact us to find out more.
Here is what some of our volunteers have to say about volunteering at Reach:
"I can’t think of a better way to spend my spare time."
Volunteer with us
If you are interested in volunteering within Reach or if you are in a position to offer Reach clients a volunteering opportunity, please contact our Volunteer Manager Wayne by emailing Wayne.Wilmot@reachuk.org or call 01636 819066. Or join our Volunteers’ mailing list by visiting our Keeping in Touch page and selecting “Opportunities to volunteer” now, so you are among the first to know about new opportunities.
We can’t wait to hear from you!