Reach is all about people coming together to make a difference. We rely on fundraising, donations and the time and skills of volunteers.
In 2018 alone our 146 volunteers donated 22,360 hours of time, massively enhancing the diversity of experiences for clients. As our client base grows this year and beyond, we will need to recruit even more volunteers. Can you help?
Community involvement through volunteering is crucially important to our work. Why?
- because local people bring an amazing range of skills and experience which enable us to offer personalised support that is varied and challenging. Click here to read personal stories from our clients, or here for some volunteers’ stories
- it ensures each client can be better supported to participate and engage in activities at their own pace
- it is important for people with learning disabilities to make connections with people outside of their family and carers. Getting to know new people helps boost their confidence and self-esteem
- people who take the time to get know people with learning disabilities as individuals help promote greater understanding of living with a learning disability.
We are very grateful that so many local people already generously give their time – but we always need to recruit more volunteers.
There are lots of ways you can help support Reach as a volunteer; we offer short and long-term opportunities for individuals, students, groups and companies looking for meaningful team building or CSR activities. Our current volunteer needs include:
- deliver our courses and social activities in Newark, Mansfield or Southwell
- Administration tasks including ICT support and reception work
- Help with organising and promoting fundraising events
- Horticultural tasks
- Social networking support
We also have a limited range of work placement opportunities at each of our bases. Please contact us to find out more.
Training, expenses and support are provided to all volunteers.
Download our Information Sheet to find out a little more – why not also join our Volunteers’ mailing list by visiting our Keeping in Touch page and selecting “Opportunities to volunteer” now, so you are among the first to know about new opportunities?
We can’t wait to hear from you!